St. Luke’s Villa of the Diocese of Scranton was established in 2011 as the successor to Heritage House. Heritage House was founded in 1893 as the “Home for Homeless Women” for the purpose of providing shelter, food, clothing and other necessities of life to women who have no home. The original location – 450 Carey Avenue, Wilkes-Barre – was destroyed by Hurricane Agnes in June of 1972 and was rebuilt at its present site in 1977. Heritage House was the ﬁrst retirement community in Northeastern Pennsylvania to provide a full continuum of care for women and men. Although its location changed and its mission expanded over the years, its focus of providing compassionate, caring services in a comfortable environment has remained the hallmark of care at Heritage House. This tradition continues in the establishment of St. Luke’s Villa.
St. Luke’s Villa is a sister corporation to Little Flower Manor, a 133-bed licensed skilled nursing facility, and St. Therese Residence, a 60-bed licensed personal care home. With the support and commitment of nearly 110 employees, St. Luke’s Villa provides a full continuum of care — from independent living to personal care to skilled nursing.